We offer pre-college access and outreach programs that include K-16 partnerships and encourage under-represented students who are traditionally non-college bound to pursue and successfully complete a post-secondary education that meets the mutual needs of the university, public school system and community.
To increase college participation and success for historically underrepresented and first generation students, through partnerships with schools in our community. Working alongside students as they pursue and successfully complete post-secondary education, we provide targeted support and connections from the end of their senior year in high school through their first year at WSU.
- Develop and implement strategies for better coordination and linkage of k-16 pipeline outreach and transition activity partners for underrepresented students.
- Develop strategies for monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of educational outreach initiatives.
- Facilitate networking and discussion among campus and community entirely involved in outreach.
- Develop a sustainable funding stream; support programs and expectation.
Guiding Pillars and Initiatives
College Access and Transition
- Coordinate systematic approach to effectively assign TNCB students through the enrollment process.
College readiness and exposure
- Develop a campus-wide training program for mentors/tutors to increase college awareness and goal-settling among k-12 student: increase coordination and accountability of programs for effective use of resources and their number of TNCB students who participate in an on-campus program or experience.
College Awareness to Community
- Goal: increase awareness of college/educational resources and create a more visible pretense in the community among target students and their familiars
- Spanish/English presentation series within the community.
- Coordinated Family nights/conferences.
- Patriot parent education program-partner with community school resources centers.
Office of Access & Outreach
Student Services Building
3885 West Campus Dr. Dept 1122
Ogden UT 84408-1122
- Academic Outreach Support
- ACT preparation
- Mentor/tutor training
- College enrollment assistance
- Financial aid/scholarship assistance
- Academic advisement, college and career planning
- Campus visits, events, conferences
- Cultural and summer programs
- College workshops for students, families and the community
- Referrals to community resources