We offer pre-college access and outreach programs that include K-16 partnerships and encourage under-represented students who are traditionally non-college bound to pursue and successfully complete a post-secondary education that meets the mutual needs of the university, public school system and community.
- Develop and implement strategies for better coordination and linkage of k-16 pipeline outreach and transition activity partners for underrepresented students.
- Develop strategies for monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of educational outreach initiatives.
- Facilitate networking and discussion among campus and community entirely involved in outreach.
- Develop a sustainable funding stream; support programs and expectation.
Guiding Pillars and Initiatives
College Access and Transition
- Coordinate systematic approach to effectively assign TNCB students through the enrollment process.
College readiness and exposure
- Develop a campus-wide training program for mentors/tutors to increase college awareness and goal-settling among k-12 student: increase coordination and accountability of programs for effective use of resources and their number of TNCB students who participate in an on-campus program or experience.
College Awareness to Community
- Goal: increase awareness of college/educational resources and create a more visible pretense in the community among target students and their familiars
- Spanish/English presentation series within the community.
- Coordinated Family nights/conferences.
- Patriot parent education program-partner with community school resources centers.