Terms and Conditions
Nonresident Academic Housing Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
- You must enroll for 12-18 credits and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester as an undergraduate student. Dropping below this minimum or failure to complete your classes may require repayment of tuition funds and the loss of further scholarships monies.
- It is the responsibility of the student to maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 in order to retain the scholarship, (cumulative GPA includes all WSU courses taken via early college, concurrent enrollment, or before enrolling full-time at WSU). Dropping below the minimum GPA will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- With the exception of the Presidential Scholarship, which does cover a portion of general student fees, all other tuition waivers do not cover general and/or special students fees.
- Tuition waivers do not cover the cost of independent study courses, distance learning/contract courses, credit/non credit or auditing a course.
- Tuition waivers cannot be turned into a cash award, nor can one waiver or a combination of any tuition waivers exceed the cost of full tuition for a semester.
- You must reapply for scholarships each academic year by the January deadline. Reapplication is done through the eWeber student portal, which is a requirement for disbursement of funds.
- Students may request their scholarship be held for military service, religious service, certain medical circumstances, required job training, or other circumstances beyond the student’s control. A deferment form and proper documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid & Scholarship office prior to the absence. Certain conditions apply. Details are available on the Deferment Request form. Not all awards are eligible for deferment.
- Satisfactory Progress is determined each semester after grades are posted and funds will be disbursed the Tuesday prior to classes beginning.
- Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in the scholarship being withdrawn. No official notice is provided when a scholarship is removed. All exceptions, changes, or deviations from the above conditions must receive written prior authorization from the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office.
- WeberEdge requires you to complete the Housing License Agreement by March 9, 2016. The License Agreement as well as any housing information can be found online within your eWeber portal. Although the License Agreement states that $150 of this payment is refundable, as a WeberEdge participant the entire portion is non-refundable.
a) Enroll for, and complete, a minimum of 12 credit hours during each semester of participation in the program. Participants must complete the registration process by June 1, 2016.
b) Participants must reside in Campus Housing during each semester of this program. Married housing is now available (contact the office for more information).
c) Be an undergraduate, non-resident student who has not previously been enrolled in a public college or university in Utah.
d) WeberEdge will pay your out-of-state portion of tuition and you will pay the equivalent of in-state tuition and fees every semester you remain within the program.
e) Upon acceptance into the WeberEdge Program, any non-academic tuition waiver from Weber State University will be invalid. (Academic available first year only | Presidential 8 semesters)
- Must be admitted to WSU
- Submit a WSU Scholarship Application via the eWeber student portal.
- Answer the 'WeberEdge' question on the application.
- Priority deadline is January 12, 2015 for the offers at Wildcat Welcome on February 4, 2015 but evaluations continue throughout award year.
WSU Financial Aid and Scholarship site for more information.
- Must be admitted through the International Student Department.
- Complete the International Student Services department requirements/orientation.
- Must submit the linked form. Click here to continue to apply for WeberEdge .
The web-based application is currently open and the priority deadline is January 12, 2015.