History

Weber State University Davis officially opened in August 2003. WSU has served Davis County for more than 60 years. Included here is a timeline of how WSU Davis came to be.

Weber State University Davis Timeline

Key dates:

1940 Weber College teaches aeronautics classes for pilots and Civil Aeronautics Association (CAA) members; trains civilian employees for newly-opened Hill Field.
1974 Weber State College begins teaching academic classes at Hill Air Force Base. 
1992 WSU opens its Clearfield Center at Lakeside Plaza mall in Clearfield
1994 WSU opens its Layton Center in a mall on Antelope Drive in Layton 

Clearfield Center relocates, joins Layton Center 

WSU acquires land for Davis Campus

1996 State Board of Regents, WSU and Division of Facilities and Construction Management develop an initial master plan for Davis campus
1997 WSU opens its Davis Center in the former Mountain Fuel building on Gordon Avenue in Layton

Layton Center relocates to the Davis Center

1999 WSU receives approval from the State Board of Regents to offer a master’s of business administration degree (MBA) through its Layton campus
2001 Legislature approves funding for Davis Campus design and construction

Shortfall in tax revenues holds back construction money

Design phase proceeds

2002 Legislature restores funding for WSU Davis Campus

Ground is broken for WSU Davis Campus construction

2003 Weber State University opens the first of ten proposed buildings (D2) on its full-service university campus in Davis County--WSU Davis.
2011 Building D3 ground breaking - building to open for Fall Semester 2013 classes

Weber State UniversityOgden, Utah 84408

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseNondiscrimination Policy