Policies for Students Important to Faculty
- A faculty member may approve a student who arrives to test without ID. However, this must be done in person and cannot be approved over the telephone or by a note.
- Students are not allowed to take notes out of the Testing Center. Allowing notes out of the center is a security risk. Smuggling out notes is considered academic dishonesty.
- See all Testing Center rules.
Chi Tester Computer Based Testing
Chi Tester is a system of test management and delivery via computer. Test questions can be downloaded from a file, input directly to Chi Tester or to a word processor. Instructors set up accounts where they can manage and archive exams. The tests are scored by the computer immediately. Chi Tester is administered by the Testing Centers at WSU.
See a list of what students need to know when taking a test for a class.
Information on how to use this system or general questions can be addressed at 801-626-6477 or by visiting chitester.weber.edu.
Contact Carrie McCloud for Chi Tester training: 801-626-6886
Paper and Pencil Testing
All paper pencil tests will be entered into the Paper Chi system, which tracks and manages such exams.
These are the procedures for having tests administered in the Testing Centers:
- Prepare an adequate number of tests before the beginning test date. Please make sure the instructor's name and course number are on each paper test. Also, be sure that each test copy is numbered. We record which copy of the exam the student receives.
- Bring the tests and answer key (if it is a scantron test) to the Testing Centers in which you choose to administer the exam. All scantron or batch tests are to utilize the red 8 1/2 x 11 scantron sheets.
- The instructor needs to fill out the Testing Center Information Sheet. This work order form is considered law because details outlined in this document are considered law in the Testing Center. Beginning and end dates listed, as well as testing aid instructions, will be strictly enforced. Changes or additions to an instructors parameters or rules must be made by the instructor him or herself. No notes, syllabi, or email presented by the student will be considered.
- Please plan in advance:
- Tests delivered between 8 and 11 a.m. will be made available by 2 p.m.
- Exams brought in from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. will be made available by 4 p.m.
- Tests submitted after 2 p.m. on Friday will not be available until the following Monday.
- The students are tracked by their W numbers in the Paper Chi system. Please make sure students are prepared with this number. c.
- The Testing Centers no longer print individual result sheets. After the test closes, the scores will be available to instructors right away within Chi-Tester. Students will receive their scores through their student portal or on Chi-Tester. If there is a problem in this process, please call the Testing Center where the test originated.
- The following Testing Centers still offer paper tests:
- Student Services
- Davis Campus
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- West Campus