Staff Recognition 2012-2013
- WSU and the Community Involvement Center (CIC) were recognized as an Outstanding Community Partner by Catholic Community Services.
- WSU and the Community Involvement Center (CIC) were recognized as the Community Partner of the Year by United Way of Northern Utah.
- Mike Moon, Community Involvement Center, was recognized as the Advisor of the Year for Best Buddies Utah, was certified as a Volunteer Management Trainer, and received the Extra-mile Award from the Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism.
- Leah Murray, Community Involvement Center, was a nominee for the John Saltmarsh Award sponsored by the national American Democracy Project.
- Brenda Marsteller Kowalewski, Community Involvement Center, and Dave Trujillo, Upward Bound, received the 2013 Aldous H. Dixon Award provided through the Weber State University Alumni Association.
- Brenda Marsteller Kowalewski was also selected as a finalist for the Thomas Ehrlich Civically Engaged Faculty Award as part of the National Campus Compact.
- Dianna Abel, Counseling and Psychological Services, was awarded the 2012-2013 Presidential Outstanding Professional Staff Award.
- Ruth Patiño Stubbs, Director of Education Access and Outreach, was nominated and will be included in the 2013 Latinos in Utah Publication by Vox-Creative.
- GEAR UP received the Social Justice/Civil Rights Award from Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Iota, Iota, Iota Chapter at the Annual Awards Ceremony.
- Shae Eason, Student to Student, received the Sister Called to Serve Award from the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority for her dedication to the community and sorority through public service.
Division Award Winners
- Toni Weight Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Outstanding Individual Award (Staff): Linda Tobias, Carey Anson, Terry Wright
- Outstanding Individual Award (Hourly): Brady Harris, Alex Brown, Teresa Holt
Outstanding Team Award:
- Student Affairs Technology Team: Clayton Oyler, Dave Taylor, Carey Anson, Chip Coleman, Sarah Hanisko, Spencer Coleman, Dani McKean, Allison Reece
- Student Engagement Task Force: Mark Adams, Erik Ashby, Angie Betancourt, Nancy Collinwood, Debbie Cragun, Leslie Loeffel, Dani McKean, Mike Moon, Carl Porter, Prasanna Reddy, Donalyn Sessions
- Assessment Award: Tutoring/Supplemental Instruction: Prasanna Reddy & Leslie Loeffel
- Diversity Award: Tara Peris
- Outstanding Partner to Student Affairs Award: Scott Chantry