- Jan Winniford, Vice President for Student Affairs, was recognized as a Pillar of the Profession by NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. This award is designed to honor members of the student affairs profession who are seen as individuals of professional distinction.
- Carol Merrill, Director of the Women’s Center, was selected by the Ogden/Weber Chamber of Commerce Women in Business for the Athena Award.
- Sodexo’s Chef Jackson, was awarded an NAACP Lifetime Community Award for his service and dedication to help people in the Ogden community. He also was selected by the Sodexo Foundation to receive the “Hero” award in recognition for his work helping to provide meals to people in need throughout the Ogden community.
- Lynnae Dopp, Coordinator of the Appointment Tutoring Center, was awarded the “Certified Ruby Master Reviewer” for CRLA’s International Tutor Program Certification Committee.
- Daniel Turner, Outdoor Program Coordinator, completed the Rock Instructor certification from the American Mountain Guides Association.
- Landon Wolfe, Intramurals/Club Sports Coordinator, obtained High School Varsity Sports Official Licenses in football, basketball, and baseball through the UHSAA (Utah High Schools Activities Association).
- Kelly Bright, Fitness/Wellness Coordinator, obtained YogaFit Level 1 certification and FitTour Pilates certification.
- Adrienne Gillespie, Coordinator for the Center for Diversity and Unity, was awarded the Utah Campus Compact Civically Engaged Staff Award - Spring 2009
- Fred Meaders was also the recipient of the 2009 Rodie-Keintz Outstanding Staff
Mentor Award presented at the ACUI Region 13 annual Conference held at
Arizona State University. This award recognizes individuals who are
considered encouraging and supportive for new professionals entering a
field in College Unions and are considering a student affairs career.
Division Award Winners
- Outstanding Team Performance Award: Student Involvement and Leadership staff received the Division of Student Affairs Outstanding Team Performance Award for their coordination of the Utah Leadership Academy, Summer 2009.
- Student Affairs Toni Weight Lifetime Achievement Award: Fred Meaders, Coordinator of Shepherd Union Recreation.
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Chad Mosher, Prasanna Reddy, Amelia Williams, and Dana Gibson.
- Hourly Staff Outstanding Achievement Awards: James Provence, Campus Recreation, and Hamad Alyami, International Student Services.
- Outstanding Partner: Dr. Judy Elsley