Student Affairs provides programs and services for students to get involved on campus and be successful both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Division of Student Affairs promotes student learning, well-being and success through comprehensive services and programs provided in an inclusive environment. Student Affairs serves the needs of a diverse student population by offering educational experiences, leadership opportunities, and academic support which advances the social, intellectual, cultural, and civic development of students.
The Division of Student Affairs at Weber State University is committed to:
- Respect: respecting and supporting individuals for their differing opinions, backgrounds, and experiences through a fair and nurturing environment.
- Integrity: Promoting a culture that embraces integrity and professionalism.
- Student-Centered: Providing quality programs and services through a holistic, student-centered approach focused on learning development.
- Collaboration: Creating and maintaining collaborative partnerships to encourage experiential learning.
- Inclusion: Fostering an inclusive environment that values diversity and equality.
- Accountability: Continually enhancing our programs and services through accountability to our students, colleagues, community members, and other stakeholders.
As a result of participating in programs and activities within the Student Affairs Division, students will have the opportunity to learn and/or develop in the following areas:
Civic Engagement reflects a person’s ability to recognize and fulfill responsibilities to self, community, and society at large. A civically engaged individual demonstrates social consciousness, practices volunteerism, and makes effective contributions in respectful and ethical ways.
Critical Thinking is reasonable, reflective thinking which involves forming and analyzing beliefs, making decisions, and evaluating actions. Critical thinkers are able to analyze, interpret, synthesize, evaluate, and apply information in the development of appropriate inferences.
Cultural Competence is understanding and appreciating diversity. Individuals who are culturally competent develop an inclusive world view, value differences, and interact with others in culturally appropriate ways which create a climate of mutual respect.
Interpersonal Communication Skills are the ability to interact effectively with others. Individuals with interpersonal communication skills relate to others in courteous, respectful, and professional ways; appropriately resolve conflicts; and maintain positive relationships.
Intrapersonal Competence reflects a person's ability to develop and demonstrate self-understanding, self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-efficacy. Individuals who are intrapersonally competent can articulate their own beliefs and values, and are able to set and achieve goals consistent with their philosophy of life.
Leadership and Management Skills are the abilities to influence the actions of others. Individuals who have leadership and management skills are able to create a common vision, inspire others to accomplish that vision, obtain and utilize appropriate resources, and evaluate outcomes.
Responsibility and Accountability are the abilities to understand and fulfill one's obligations to others. Individuals who demonstrate responsibility and accountability are able to meet the expectations of others in ways consistent with specific policies and procedures and generally accepted behavioral norms.