Participation in the Student Support Services (SSS) program is free to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who demonstrate academic need and who meet one or more of the following eligibility guidelines:
- You and your family (if applicable) are at or below the federal low-income level according to your (or your parent's) most recent tax return
- Neither of your parents has a Bachelor's Degree
- You are registered with the WSU Services for Students with Disabilities Office
Additionally, interested students must be taking 12+ credits and seeking a Bachelor's Degree.
Enrollment in the SSS program is limited to 285 qualified students per year.
Student Support Services is 100% federally funded through the United States Department of Education.
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE PROCESS:
1. Fill out and submit the SSS Interest Survey. This gives us the information we need to determine your basic eligibility and needs. If you are listed on your parent's taxes, you will use their financial information in your estimates.
2. Wait for an SSS Advisor to contact you concerning your eligibility status.
3. Work with the SSS staff to complete all required forms, inventories, and documentation.
4. Complete an intake interview with your assigned advisor.