F-1 Students: Getting Your Student Visa
- First, you must apply to Weber State as an international student
- Once you are accepted, follow the below steps to apply for your F-1 Student Visa
Steps for Applying for your F-1 Student Visa
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee by going to fmjfee.com. Print a copy of the receipt and keep it with your records.
- Make a visa appointment with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for an F-1 Visa. To check locations and to make an appointment go to: http://www.usembassy.gov/.
- Go to the F-1 Visa appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the F-1 Visa interview. For more details go to: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#5.
Each applicant must submit the following forms and documentation listed below:
- Acceptance Letter from WSU
- Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160
- Passport – valid for travel to the U.S. & with validity date at least six months beyond intended period of stay in the U.S.
- One (1) 2x2 photograph
- A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee
- The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
All applicants should be prepared to provide:
- Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended;
- Scores from standardized tests such as the TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.;
- Financial evidence that shows you or your sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study.
- Required Visa fees; Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee and/or Visa issuance fee.
- You may also be asked for additional documents that are not listed here.
- Each applicant must submit the following forms and documentation listed below: