Steps to Apply: F-1 International Students

Below is a list of documents that are required for you to submit to the International Student & Scholar Center (ISSC) in order to be considered for admissions to Weber State University (WSU). If you have questions, please contact the ISSC by e-mail at or by phone at (801) 626-6853

1.         APPLICATION

  • Fill out and print the International Student Application.
  • Mail the original application and the items outlined below to our office.
  • Applications that have been copied, scanned, or faxed will not be accepted.

2.         $65 APPLICATION FEE

  • Send a $65.00 USD non-refundable check or money order; payable to Weber State University.
  • Please do not send cash.

3.         PASSPORT

  • Provide a readable copy of the identification page of your passport that lists your name, date of birth, and expiration date.


  • Provide an original bank statement and bank letter that indicates the account holder’s full name and the balance of the account (needs to be in English).
  • The bank statement and bank letter need to reflect that the required funds are available for your use.
  • We cannot accept any investment accounts such as mutual funds or stocks.
  • The bank statement and bank letter needs to be on bank letterhead with a signature and stamp from a bank official.
  • Mail the original bank statement and bank letter to our office with your application.
  • Bank statements and bank letters will not be accepted if it has been copied, scanned, or faxed.
  • SEE LINK “Undergraduate/Graduate Cost Estimate” for the amount that should be shown on your bank statement (equivalent to one year tuition, fees, and other expenses)


  • Not Sponsored: Fill out Section 1: Personal Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form – this means the bank statement and bank letter are from your personal account.
  • If Sponsored: Have your sponsor fill out Section 2: Sponsor or Family Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form – this means the bank statement and bank letter are not from your personal account. Make sure your sponsor fills Section 2 out completely.
  • Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
  • The original Financial Guarantee Form needs to be mailed to our office. This form will not be accepted if it has been copied, scanned, or faxed.


  • Provide original educational documents that show you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school education.
  • Transcripts must show course work taken, marks earned, and should indicate a date of completion. Diplomas are also required to be sent if one was issued.
  • If the educational documents are not in English then you will also need to obtain a certified English translation to accompany the original transcripts and diploma.
  • Mail the original educational documents (transcripts and diploma) in the original language as well as a certified English translation.


  • This is not required in order to be admitted to WSU.
  • If you would like to receive credit for your college work from any colleges or universities that you have attended outside of the United States, you will need to have your course work evaluated by a Foreign Credentials Evaluation company. For a list of approved companies go to the following website:
  • Evaluations need to be done course-by-course. 


  • If you are transferring from a college or university within the United States, you will need to inform the school you are currently attending that you wish to transfer to Weber State University and submit a Transfer Authorization form.
  • You will need to have official transcripts sent from ALL colleges and universities you have attended in the United States including English Language Programs.
  • Provide a copy of your VISA and copies of all I-20’s you have been issued.


  • In addition to the above requirements, graduate students will also need to apply to the individual graduate program and provide a letter of acceptance from that program before an admissions decision can be made for general admissions to Weber State.
  • Your application will not be processed until proof of acceptance into a WSU graduate program has been provided.
  • Please visit the following website: for a list of graduate programs available at WSU.

10.      English Proficiency

  • English proficiency is not required in order to be admitted to Weber State University. However, if a TOEFL or IELTS score is not provided or the score is below the university requirement, you will be placed in our English language program and will be issued an English language-only admission letter and I-20. Once you arrive at Weber State University, you will be able to take our LEAP Placement Test to measure your English language ability. Based on those test results you may be required to register for ESL courses before beginning an academic course of study.
  • Weber State University requires the following scores for admission to a degree-seeking program:
    • TOEFL: 500 paper-based, 173 computer-based, or 61 internet-based.
    • IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section.
  • The TOEFL and IELTS scores are only valid for 2 years from the day the test was taken.


  • Send your completed application packet to the following address:

Weber State University
International Student and Scholar Center
3885 West Campus Dr DEPT 1130
Ogden, UT 84408-1130 USA

  • Once all required documents have been received we will review your application and make an admissions decision.
  • Upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail providing shipping information for your acceptance packet to be mailed to you. The acceptance packet will include your acceptance letter, I-20 (if applicable), information regarding the I-901 fee, orientation, and housing. 


What to do after accepted