Steps to Apply: F-1 International Students
Weber State University is a great choice for international students because of our small class sizes, on-campus housing, outdoor and sports activities, and an excellent English Language learning program (LEAP). Weber State University is located next to beautiful mountains in the safe town of Ogden, Utah. We have over 200 accredited Bachelor degrees and 12 Master degrees in the most popular fields today. Most programs are open enrollment, and applying is easy!
Complete the International Student Application
You will be able to upload most required documents online.
- APPLICATION FEE
$65.00 USD non-refundable check or money order; payable to Weber State University. The fee can also be paid with credit card by calling the WSU Cashier’s Office.
A clear copy of the identification page of your passport
- EDUCATIONAL RECORDS
Transcripts of your academic records and a diploma showing date of completion. Include certified translation into English if necessary.
- ENGLISH PROFICINCY
Weber State University offers an English as a Second Language Program (LEAP) for students who have not taken the TOEFL or IELTS, or who have low test scores. A conditional acceptance letter can be issued for most programs. For admission to an academic program of study, please send official test results (only valid for two years after the test).
- TOEFL: 500 paper-based or 61 internet-based.
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section.
- BANK STATEMENT AND BANK LETTER
An original bank statement and bank letter that shows the account holder’s full and the balance of the account on bank letterhead with a signature and stamp from a bank official (needs to be in English). Bank statements and bank letters will not be accepted if copied, scanned, or faxed.
Visit our Cost Estimates page for the amount that should be shown on your bank statement (equal to one year tuition, and all other expenses).
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEE FORM
If the bank statement and bank letter are from your personal account, complete Section 1: Personal Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form. If the bank statement is owned by a family member or other sponsor, please ask that person to complete and sign Section 2: Sponsor or Family Funds on the Financial Guarantee Form. Copies are accepted.
- DEPENDENT REQUEST: If you are planning to bring a spouse or children as a dependent, please complete the Dependent I-20 Request Form and submit the documents requested in the form.
- Send official transcripts sent from ALL colleges and universities you the United States.
- Provide a copy of your VISA and copies of all I-20’s you have been issued.
- If you are transferring from a college or university within the United States, you will need to inform the school you are currently attending that you wish to transfer to Weber State University and submit a Transfer Authorization form.
- Graduate students must first apply accepted by the individual graduate program before the admission can be processed for Weber State University. Once accepted, please send your financial documents to the International Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can process your I-20.
- Visit the following website: weber.edu/graduateprograms for links programs and their admission requirements.
- Please note! Most graduate programs require a GPA of at least 3.0 (out of 4.0) and a TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS of 6.5.
Once all required documents have been received we will review your application and admissions decision. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email providing shipping information for your acceptance packet to be mailed to you.