Admission to the Goddard School
Students seeking a degree or certificate program within the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics (GSBE) must be formally admitted.
GSBE ADMITTANCE CRITERIA
- Formal admission to Weber State University (WSU)
- Successful completion of English 2010
- Successful completion of Business Foundations (BF) with a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA for the five BF courses
- Successful completion of assessment course: BSAD 2899 or ECON 2899 (for non-business Economics majors only)
- Overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Declaration of business major
GSBE ADMITTANCE PROCESS1. Register for BSAD 2899 or ECON 2899 (for non-business Economics majors only) concurrent with (same semester as) or after final required Business Foundations course. Course objectives are:
a. Complete assessment of Business Foundations Curriculum
b. Complete online application which includes:
- GSBE application student information
- Essay as described on the GSBE application
- Agreement to abide by the GSBE Honor Code as described on the application
Transcripts need not be submitted unless the student is notified by the Goddard School.
2. Await notification letter from GSBE Admissions Committee about two to four weeks after the semester BSAD or ECON 2899 grades are posted.
Please note that a grade of CRedit in 2899, means you have been accepted into the Goddard School and may advance forward in your academics within the Goddard School.