Minor in Accounting
Any student can receive a minor in accounting. Business students must complete the minor requirements in addition to all major requirements. Approval of a minor program by the School of Accounting & Taxation is required. All prerequisites for required courses must be satisfied.
Admission Requirements: Acceptance to the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics is required for all business majors, minors, emphases, and certificates. To be admitted, students must register for and complete BSAD 2899 or ECON 2899 (for non-business Economics majors only).
Students may obtain information regarding admissions from the GSBE Advising Center, WB 211, (801) 626-6534, firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the School of Accounting & Taxation, WB 221, (801) 626-6072, email@example.com.
Grade Requirements: Candidates for minors must complete all prerequisite and required business and economics courses with a grade of "C-" or higher. In addition, the overall University and overall business and economics GPA must be 2.5 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 37 credit hours is required. Of the 37 hours, 24 hours are accounting classes and the remaining classes are support courses.
Course Requirements for Accounting Minor
Courses Required (24 credit hours)
- ACTG 2010* Survey of Accounting I (3)
- ACTG 2020* Survey of Accounting II (3)
- ACTG 3110 Intermediate Financial Accounting I (3)
- ACTG 3120 Intermediate Financial Accounting II (3)
- ACTG 3300 Cost Accounting (3)
- ACTG 3400 Taxation of Individuals (3)
- ACTG 3750 Accounting & Information Systems (3)
- ACTG 4510 Auditing (3)
Support Courses Required (13 credit hours)
- QUAN SI2600* Business Statistics I (3)
- ECON 2010* Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 2020* Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- IST 2010* Business Computer Skills (1)
- SCM 3050 Operation & Logistic Management (3)