Division and Individual Professional Accomplishments and Recognition
- The Community Involvement Center at WSU was listed on the President’s Highest Honor Roll for Service.
- Campus Living Villages recognized WSU Housing and Residence Life with the Outstanding Team Performance award for their collaboration with WSU.
- WSU hosted the Utah NASPA (Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education) Conference and the Association for College Unions - International (ACUI) Regional Conference.
- The Student Involvement and Leadership Department organized the Utah Leadership Academy in May for over 100 student leaders from colleges and universities in Utah.
- The Division of Student Affairs held a four-day institute for Student Affairs professionals to enhance their knowledge of the profession.
- Campus Recreation facilitated three nationally recognized fitness certifications for student staff, including 15 group exercise instructors and five personal fitness trainers
- The Student Affairs Technology department provided technology for Prevent Child Abuse regional conference in Salt Lake City for 450 professionals in areas such as social services, education, advocacy, nursing, and law enforcement.
- Jean Harding, Counseling and Psychological Services Center, was honored with the 2009 Presidential Outstanding Classified Staff Award. This highly competitive award recognized her excellence in the areas of productivity, work quality, dependability and reliability, creativity and innovation, and relationship skills.
- Adrienne Gillespie, Coordinator of the Diversity and Unity Center, received statewide recognition at the 2009 Utah Campus Compact Award Ceremony. She received the Civically Engaged Staff member award.
- Teri Wood Slaughter, Conference Events and Conferences, was named as ROTC’s Outstanding Staff Colleague.
- Monika Rodie, Associate Director of the Shepherd Union, was honored by having an award named in her honor for outstanding new staff member by ACUI Region 13.
- Lynnae Dopp, Coordinator of the Appointment Tutoring Center, received two CRLA awards: "The Karen G. Smith Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Service" and the "ITPC Coordinator Award" for long time service.
- Sarah Trescott, Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life, received the Campus Living Villages outstanding Assistant Director of the Year award.
- Dave Trujillo, Director of Upward Bound, was recognized by the WSU Office of Assistant to the President of Diversity for “Decades of Serving Weber State Students and Our Community” in April 2009. He was also honored as one of Layton’s Hometown Heroes and featured in the city parade.
- Nancy Balmert, Tutoring/Disabilities Specialist, received a "Shining Star of Customer Service" certificate during OWL's October Customer Service Month.
Student Affairs Division Semi-Annual Awards
Outstanding Individual Award
The Outstanding Individual Award is presented to someone who has significantly contributed to the goals of the Student Affairs, as guided by our division mission statement. This person has gone above and beyond their typical responsibilities, and has done something truly outstanding for the University and its community.Fall 2008
Chip Coleman (full time)
Roxanne Holbrook (full time)
Kimberlee Taylor (hourly)
Cindy Meyer (full time)
Jessica Hickmott (full time)
Outstanding Team Award
The Outstanding Team Award is presented to a team which has shown significant growth/accomplishments, contributed something new and innovative to WSU, and whose program or project has added to the overall success of WSU students.Fall 2008
Student Affairs Academy Committee 2007-2008
Jeff Hurst, Leslie Loeffel, Dorothy Hill , Claire Hughes, Tracey Smith , Debbie Cragun, Nikki Nicholas, Craig Oreshnick, Carl Porter, Chad Mosher, Chip Coleman, and Cindy Meyer
First Year Student Task Force
Jennifer Grandi, Mark Adams, Sheldon Cheshire, Nancy Collinwood, Lynnae Dopp, Daniel Kilcrease, Michiko Nakashima-Lizarazo, Nikki Nicholas, Carl Porter, Beth Rhoades, and Eveni Tafiti
Toni Weight Lifetime Achievement Award
This award is presented in honor of Toni Weight who served Weber State University from 1975-2006 as a significant, consistent advocate of student development, both personally and academically. This award recognizes individuals who have made such achievements in the development and holistic education of students, particularly in areas that enhance and support students’ intellectual, academic, psychological, and emotional development. This award is presented each Spring Semester to one individual.Alan Dayley
Student Affairs Management Council (SAMC) Division Priority Awards
These awards are designed to recognize individuals or groups of people who have demonstrated exemplary performance in one of the priority areas for the Division of Student Affairs. They may have created programs or services that move the Division forward in one of the priority areas. These awards are offered to underscore the importance of the Division priorities and to encourage outstanding work in these areas.Academic Partners and Collaboration (Division Priority Award)
Deliberative Democracy Day
Aaron Newman, Kathryn MacKay (History), Gary Johnson (Poli Sci), and Michelle Johnson (student)
Outcomes Based Assessment (Division Priority Award)
Counseling and Psychological Services Center
Dianna Rangel, Jean Harding, Mark Adams, Larry Helmbrecht, Donna Hunter, Jennette Wood, Craig Oreshnick, Tamara Robinette, Melissa Alder, Kevin Donahue, Sally Tasker, Mary Owen, and Yvette Davis