James C. Beardall was appointed to the Weber State University Board of Trustees in 2005. He is Chair of the Finance/Business Committee and serves on the Audit and Investment Committees.
- Consultant to Carolina Holdings, Inc
- Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for the Western United States, Carolina Holdings, Inc, a subsidiary of Wolseley PLC, London, England.
- Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President of Anderson Lumber Company.
- Certified Public Accountant, Haskins & Sells (Deloitte & Touche), Los Angeles, California.
Civic and Business Activities:
- Member, Board of Directors, First Security Corporation. Served on the Executive Committee, Investment Committee, and Chaired the Audit Committee
- Member, Board of Trustees, Salt Lake Bid Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games
- Member, Board of Trustees, Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games
- Member, Board of Trustees, Utah Sports Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Utah Sports Authority
- Member, Board of Directors of the Hayward Companies
- Member, Board of Directors of the Layton Companies
- Member, Wells Fargo Northern Utah Community Board
- President, Ogden Weber Chamber of Commerce
- President, Ogden Rotary Club
- President and National Director, Mountain States Lumber and Building Materials Dealers Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, McKay-Dee Hospital
- Chairman, Weber State University College of Business & Economics Advisory Board
- Chairman, Weber State University Centennial Gift Campaign Leadership Committee
- Member, Board of Directors, Employers Council
- Member, KSL Television and Radio Advisory Board
- 1995 Ernst and Young Retail Entrepreneur of the Year - State of Utah
- 1986 Building Supply/Home Center National Retailer of the Year
- 1985 National Home Center of the Year
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Business Management, Brigham Young University
- Married to Larue Whiting
- Grown children - Laurie, Stacy and Mike
- Nine grandchildren