Henry Aldous Dixon received an A.B. degree from Brigham Young University in 1914 and a master’s degree from the University of Chicago.
Dixon joined the faculty of Weber Academy in 1914 and taught there until he was selected as president in 1919. His first term at Weber Academy lasted one year. In 1937, he received an Ed.D. from the University of Southern California and returned to the presidency at (then) Weber College. His second term spanned 16 years and was during the difficult time of World War II.
“The college received national recognition for its technical division and war effort work, but oversaw the beginning of the construction of the new campus, and the initial move to the present site of the college in 1952.” (John Sillito, Weber State College … A Centennial History, “Weber’s Principals and Presidents,” 1988)
While Dixon was president, enrollment nearly tripled. Dixon left Weber in 1953 to accept the presidency of Utah State Agricultural College in Logan.