Alex Morris Technical Theatre Scholarship
In consideration of the efforts being made by Weber State University to encourage and support students with high academic achievement, Alan and Jeanne Hall herein agree to make an annual charitable gift to establish the Alex Morris Scholarship in Technical Theatre. This scholarship honors Alex Morris, Stage and Properties Manager for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
It is Alan and Jeanne Hall's desire that the recipients of this scholarship be exceptional students who demonstrate the same traits embodied by Mr. Morris: respected leadership, strong mentoring skills, professional integrity, highly ethical in all aspects of life, drive, commitment to community, comprehensive knowledge of technical production, attention to detail and artistic excellence in the area of technical theatre.
The WSU DPA shall award the Alex Morris Scholarship according to the following criteria:
- Recipients Music have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Recipients Music have a declared major in Theatre Arts or Theatre Arts Teaching with an emphasis in design/technical.
- Recipients may be resident, non-resident, or international students.
- Preference should be given to continuing students. However, the scholarship may be used to recruit exceptionally talented incoming or transferring students, after consultation with the Halls.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) while receiving the scholarship.
- The scholarship may be awarded to the same student(s) for multiple years, as long as the recipient continues to meet the required criteria.
- The scholarship may be awarded either in full to one student or as partial scholarships to two students.