Rick and Karen Fairbanks Scholarship in Keyboard Studies
In consideration of the efforts being made by Weber State University to encourage and support talented music students, Rick and Karen Fairbanks herein agree to make an annual charitable gift each year for a minimum of five years, beginning Spring 2013 to establish the Rick and Karen Fairbanks Scholarship in Keyboard Studies.
The Fairbanks live in Ogden and are proud to support the Ogden and Weber State University community.
The Rick and Karen Fairbanks Scholarship in Keyboard Studies in the WSU Department of Performing Arts shall be awarded according to the following criteria:
- Recipients must have an overall G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- Recipients must be majoring in music with a declared emphasis in keyboard performance or keyboard pedagogy.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) while receiving the scholarship.
- The scholarship may be awarded to the same student(s) for multiple years, as long as the recipient continues to meet the required criteria.
- The scholarship may be awarded either in full to one student or as partial scholarships to two students.
Award amounts may be used to cover tuition, general student fees, course fees, and private music lessons with WSU faculty.
Rick and Karen Fairbanks may review the above criteria annually and designate supplemental criteria. Notice of changes to the criteria shall be in writing and attached as addendum to this agreement prior to February 1 of each year, for implementation during the following academic year.