The Office of Undergraduate Research operates a large format printer to facilitate conference poster printing. This free service is available to students and faculty on campus in need of a poster for a conference or event.
Students conducting undergraduate research projects, qualify to have their research poster printed at no cost. Faculty and Staff Mentors who need to print posters for research conferences also qualify for free printing.
The cost of printing is $5/foot.
When setting up your poster to be printed by the Office of Undergraduate Research, please follow these guidelines:
- Due to costs, posters may be printed only once at no charge. If the poster is completely destroyed at a conference and becomes un-usable, or if there is a mistake on the part of the OUR, your poster may be reprinted. Please proof-read carefully. Your poster will not be re-printed free if you make any text or design changes after printing.
- The large-format printer will print up to 42" wide on one side. Posters up to 42"x36" are printed at no charge for those who qualify. The cost is $5/foot after 36 inches.
- Poster images need to be high resolution (300) or they may print blurry.
- Your PowerPoint slide has to be formatted to the exact size of your poster. You can also use Adobe Software (Illustrator, PhotoShop, etc). If you choose to use the Adobe Software, you have to convert all text to outlines or save the poster as a pdf.
- Download generic poster template
If you have any questions regarding poster printing, contact the Office of Undergraduate Research (626-8541; firstname.lastname@example.org).