Long Term Grants
Long Term Grants support substantial, in-depth projects that normally span several semesters or the summer.
- $3500 limit
- Priority is given to projects that culminate in an honors thesis or some other capstone project.
- Students must be currently enrolled to apply.
- Grant budgets may include a research scholarship, provided that you engage in the equivalent of ten full-time weeks of research. The Research Scholarship can cover research work completed during the summer.
- If you are requesting a Research Scholarship, please list all significant time commitments (5+ hours per week) that you expect to maintain over the duration of your project, for example class and work schedules.
- Request limit $2500
Long Term Grant Application
All students must attend a mandatory workshop on preparing a successful research proposal before submitting a grant to OUR for research funding.
- Turn in your grant proposal to the undergraduate research representative for your college at least one week prior to deadline for review/editing.
- Submit the original proposal to the Office of Undergraduate Research (LI 58, MC 2912) and complete online submission by 5:00 PM on the deadline day posted on the OUR website.