Long-term grants support substantial, in-depth projects that normally span several semesters or the summer.
- $3500 limit
- Priority is given to projects that culminate in an honors thesis or some other capstone project.
- Students must be currently enrolled to apply.
- Reviewed by the Grant Review Sub-committee twice per semester
Regarding Research Scholarships
- Grant budgets may include a Research Scholarship, provided that you engage in the equivalent of ten full-time weeks of research. The Research Scholarship can cover research work during the summer.
- If you are requesting a Research Scholarship, please list all significant time commitments (5+ hours per week) that you expect to maintain over the duration of your project, for example, class and work schedules.
- Stipend limit is $2,500
All students must attend a mandatory workshop on preparing a successful research proposal before submitting a grant to OUR for research funding. Check calendar for workshop dates.
- Turn in your grant proposal to the undergraduate research representative for your college at least one week prior to deadline for review/editing. (find your rep)
- Turn in one printed copy to the OUR Office and one electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org