To Assist Researchers
- Increase number of proposals sent from university
- Provide access to agencies and organizations
- Assist in the proposal preparation process (increase office involvement in pre-proposal activity)
- Provide access to necessary forms
- Coordinate award with accounting to ensure accounts are set up
- Provide training on completion of essential forms
- Provide training on interpretation of terms and conditions
- Provide training on account management, procurement, reading financial reports, etc.
- Provide training on F&A rates, benefits, allowable salaries, etc.
To Safeguard the University in Contractual Dealings with Research Sponsors
- Ensure compliance with government/agency regulations
- Ensure university policies are appropriately implemented
- Ensure accountability by all parties
- Ensure records are kept appropriately for audit purposes