Our mission is two fold:
1. Assist researchers
- · Increase number of proposals sent from university
- · Provide access to agencies and organizations
- · Assist in the proposal preparation process (increase office involvement in pre-proposal activity)
- · Provide access to necessary forms
- · Coordinate award with accounting to ensure accounts are set up
- · Provide training on completion of essential forms
- · Provide training on interpretation of terms and conditions
- · Provide training on account management, procurement, reading financial reports, etc.
- · Provide training on F&A rates, benefits, allowable salaries, etc.
2. Safeguard the university in contractual dealings with research sponsors
- · Ensure compliance with government/agency regulations
- · Ensure university policies are appropriately implemented
- · Ensure accountability by all parties
- · Ensure records are kept appropriately for audit purposes