ADN and PN to RN Student Bulletin Board
ALL STUDENTS!! IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT THE PEARSON REFUNDS ARE IN- BUT THEY ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO YOUR SPAM FOLDERS. PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR REFUND IN YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!
UPDATED JANUARY 15, 2015: Due to the overwhelming response of dissatisfied students regarding the form of refund from Pearson, we ask all students to stop any use or activation of their iCards. Pearson is committed to students being satisfied with their refunds, so we will be pursuing an alternative method. Please stop all use/activation and stay tuned for further information. However, if you are happy with your iCard, feel free to continue it's use. Please do not contact anyone specifically, but keep watching for announcements in Canvas and the Student Bulletin Board. Thank you.
All students. Please DO NOT contact the bookstore regarding a refund with Pearson. This matter will be handled directly by the School of Nursing and you will be notified BY US when you can pick up your refund. Thank you.
Welcome to Weber State University School of Nursing. Here are some important people for you to know:
- School of Nursing Chair - Susan Thornock
- School of Nursing Enrollment Director - Robert Holt, email: email@example.com
- School of Nursing ADN Director - Sally Cantwell, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing ADN Clinical Coordinator - Rieneke Holman, email: email@example.com
- School of Nursing ADN Administrative Assistant - Marguerite Simmons, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the ADN/PN to RN Student Bulletin Board. This bulletin board is used to provide you with important information. We highly recommend that you check this site on a weekly basis while you are in the program. To download documents, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions. Copy and paste this site into your browser for the latest version.
Click on the appropriate link (the semester you are going into) below for your specific program and class information.
|First Semester||Second Semester||Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
IMPORTANT: On week 12 of your current semester you will need to click on the link for your next semester to find your registration information (i.e. if you are in first semester, select second semester, etc.).
How do I ... ?
~ receive financial aid to pay for tuition/fees?
~ obtain Student Services information?
~ apply for other scholarship opportunities. See scholarship instructions above.
- apply for Single Mother's Scholarship
- apply for Ruth S. Clayton Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- apply for General Scholarship Program
Upcoming CPR classes. Please email Marguerite at email@example.com to sign up. All CPR classes are the required American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course. Classes will be held on the Ogden Campus, Marriott Allied Health Building, MH 417 (Paramedic Classroom located next to MH 420). Cost of the class is $40.Dates to be determined
Unless otherwise noted, parking permits are required at all campuses for class attendance.
- For information concerning parking at the WSU/Ogden and WSU/Davis campuses, please go to: http://weber.edu/parking
- For information concerning parking at the USU campus, please go to: http://parking.usu.edu
- Students attending the DATC campus do not require parking permits. Parking is allowed in designated parking stalls as marked
- Students attending the OWATC campus do not require parking permits.
- Students attending the BATC campus do not require parking permits.
TRAVEL (please click on the various links for information)
- Driving instructions: http://www.weber.edu/weberstatemap/locationsmap.html
- Weber State University Map: http://weber.edu/weberstatemap/default.html
- Utah State University Map: http://www.usu.edu/map
- DATC Campus Map: http://www.datc.edu/about/campus-map
- OWATC Campus Map: http://www.owatc.edu/information/maps
- MATC Campus Maps: http://www.mlatc.edu/contact-us/
- BATC Campus Maps: http://www.batc.edu/index.cfm?page_id=29
On Monday, January 26th, the Student Wellness Advisory Committee and Student Wellness Coordinator, Julia Whitney, are sponsoring a workshop designed to help students learn about healthcare insurance, especially as it has changed with the Affordable Care Act. A healthcare navigator will be set up in the Lair during the hours of the fair to help students better understand Healthcare.gov, the exchange site you can use to enroll in an insurance plan if you are not covered by an employer or as part of your parents' insurance. Please see the attached flyer for further information.
0800 - Davis Campus
The Utah Student Nurses Association proudly invites you to Nurses Coming Alive. Please see attached flyer for further information.
Healthcare Study Abroad Program to China
May 8 through May 22, 2014
I cannot say enough about the benefits of this study abroad. The trip will fill fast so those interested should submit the application as soon as possible to ensure a spot on this trip. If you have questions you can call me, Kathy Culliton (435) 730-4466 or any of the faculty listed on the flyer that is attached.
Hope to see many of you on this wonderful adventure!
Susan B. Thornock, EdD, MS, RN
Chair School of Nursing
Dumke College of Health Professions
Weber State University