BSN Student Bulletin Board
Welcome to Weber State University School of Nursing. Here are some important people for you to know:
- School of Nursing Chair - Dr. Susan Thornock
- School of Nursing Enrollment Director - Rob Holt, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing BSN Director - Kristy Baron, email: email@example.com
- School of Nursing BSN Secretary/ BSN Advisor - Tiffany Bennett, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMENCEMENT AND CONVOCATION INFORMATION Click here
Weber State University graduation ceremony for Spring 2015 will be on May 1, 2015.
REMINDER: Classes for Spring 2015 semester start Monday, January 12, 2015.
BSN First Semester Students:
Plan to attend the School of Nursing BSN orientation on Friday, January 9, 2015. Orientation will be from 1000-1300 on the WSU Ogden Campus, Marriott Allied Health Building, MH 101. (This orientation is for first semester BSN students ONLY.)
*Anyone enrolled in NRSG 4050 Online (CRN# 33742) will need to attend the course orientation on Friday, January 9, 2015 from 0900-1000 at the WSU Ogden Campus, Marriott Allied Health Building, MH 304.
- Ogden Hybrid (Monday/Tuesday)
- Ogden Hybrid (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday)
- Davis Hybrid (Monday/Tuesday)
- Davis Hybrid (Wednesday/Thursday)
- Online (Only if you were accepted into the completely online program)
Curriculum Plan: 2 Semester Curriculum Plan
Textbook List (for all BSN courses):
You may only want to purchase books for the classes you are taking in the current semester as there may be changes or new editions in upcoming semesters.
APA 6th edition manual required
Registering for classes:
Ogden Hybrid and Davis Hybrid schedules with dates and times are available on the Weber State Online Class Schedule. Log onto your Weber portal and register for your classes. Students in the BSN Online Program can also look on the Weber State Online Class Schedule to see the available online courses, but will need to be cleared by the BSN Secretary to register. To be cleared or for BSN registration questions please contact Tiffany Bennett at email@example.com or 801-626-6122.
For general registration information click here
Each academic year we elect BSN student representatives. The student representatives will attend BSN faculty meetings as a representative for their student peers. As a representative, you will give input on agenda items that impact our BSN students, such as admission requirements, curriculum, courses, etc. You will need to be available to attend three faculty meetings throughout the semester.
Listed below are your student representatives and their contact information.
Honors: Contact London Draper-Lowe for questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Scholarships: Apply for Scholarships through WSU.
Frederick Henderson wants to share with you the following funding opportunity from Pivot:
General Scholarship Program
(this record can be viewed for the next 14 days.)
Message from Frederick Henderson <email@example.com>
This is a student Scholarship opportunity. When I read the details, I think it might be a fit for some of your students.
We are offering scholarship assistance for the 2014-15 school year to Utah high school graduates who wish to complete either an R.N. or R.N. to BSN nursing program in Utah.
Eligibility requirements (see application for complete requirements):
- Female students graduated from a Utah High School
- Currently enrolled in an R.N. or R.N. to BSN program
- Demonstrate financial need
Click HERE for the application.
Please note that this is not a WSU or WSU Nursing department Scholarship and applications will be submitted to the Utah State Chapter of the PEO sisterhood for consideration.
Student Health Insurance Fair- Come get some good advice and have your questions answered about having health insurance.
Click HERE for more information about the fair.
- Textbooks for sale!!! If interested in buying used textbooks call or text Heather Cook at 208-201-1249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices are negotiable and she will sell the books for a cheap price (better than the bookstore and Amazon prices).
- More textbooks for sale. Located in Logan. Call or text Annie at 208-351-8137 or email email@example.com
- 4100 Weber Custom text
- 4200 Evidence based practice
- 4300 Health policy
- 3400 HLTH- Drugs and Society
- 4080 EKG made easy
- MLS 4410 Interdisciplinary Health Care Teams offered in Spring semester. This would be a good course for those that need a 3 credit hour upper division elective to graduate with a BSN degree. Click HERE for a link to the course info.
- Mountain View Health Services is hiring Registered Nurses! Click HERE for info.
Advisement List: Faculty Advisement List (pdf)
- If your name is not on this list please contact Tiffany Bennett at 801-626-6122
- Please fill out the Graduation Evaluation Form and give it to your advisor.
Based on your semester in the program click on the appropriate link below to get important information regarding your classes and program requirements.
|BSN First Semester (Beginning)||BSN Continuing Students|