Nurse Re-entry: Costs and Requirements
Students in the WSU Nurse Re-entry Program must provide documented proof of the following:
- Proof of prior licensure as a Practical or Registered Nurse in the state of Utah or a state belonging to the Nursing Licensure Interstate Compact. The license must be unencumbered at the time of conversion to inactive status; if you are unsure of your license status, contact the Utah State Board of Nursing at www.dopl.utah.gov/licensing/nursing.html
- Criminal background check (required for clinical access -- previous criminal conviction may prevent admission to the program). Contact Rob Holt if you have questions. Refer to background check instructions in your syllabus.
- Mandatory drug screening
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers. Contact the American Heart Association or your local hospital education department.
- Current immunizations status: MMR or positive titer; Hepatitis B or signed waiver; Tetanus and Diphtheria; negative PPD or proof of non-infectious state
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of nursing Malpractice Insurance (http://www.nso.com/pli/index.php) or search Google.com for "nurse malpractice insurance."
$2,800 (Student with 5-8 years inactive license status)
$2,800 (Student with 8-10 years inactive license status)
Approximately $500 (Actual prices may vary.)
$50-60 (Do not purchase scrubs until you receive your clinical assignment; facility requirements may determine what you must purchase.)
$20-50 Nursing shoes
$20-40 Sprague-type stethoscope
$10-30 Wristwatch with second hand
$3-5 Pen Light
Criminal Background Check
$18 See the background check instructions in your syllabus
$30 Drug screening
|WSU CONTINUING EDUCATION|