Department of Business Administration
As a student in the Department of Business Administration, you can choose to concentrate in marketing.
What can I do with a business degree in marketing?
With a degree in marketing, you can go on to a successful career in:
- general management
- product management
- sales management
- market research
What will I learn?
Successful marketers are specialists who understand buyer behavior and buyer decision making. As a marketing major, you will learn that effective marketing strategies and programs are anchored in:
- marketing research (finding out what customers want and prefer);
- product development (designing goods and services that customers prefer);
- promotion (selling and telling customers about the benefits of a company's goods and services);
- distribution (ensuring goods and services are available where and when customers want them); and
- pricing (creating real value for customers)
What is the application process?
Students seeking a degree or certificate within the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics (GSBE) must be formally admitted. For admissions criteria and the step-by-step admissions process, click here.
- Master's Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Science (B.A. or B.S.) in Business Administration with an emphasis in marketing
- Minor: Business Administration (for non-business majors)
- Certificate: Entrepreneurship
The Department of Business Administration is part of the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—the highest level of accreditation attainable.