Department of Information Systems & Technologies
What can I do with a degree in information systems and technologies?
Demand is high for computer-related jobs. As an IS&T graduate, you will enjoy a wide range of opportunities. You can work in a variety of positions, including:
- software developer
- systems analyst
- network engineer
- information security officer
- systems integrator
- database administrator
- system administrator or other IT-related position
What will I learn?
You may choose either the systems development concentration or the information security concentration.
In systems development, you will learn to:
- analyze, design, program, support and manage computer systems for businesses and other organizations
- design, implement and manage effective database and web-based applications
In information security, you will learn to:
- design and administer networks for secure electronic commerce
- design and implement effective security policies for businesses
- investigate cyber crime
As an IS&T student, you will learn in state-of-the-art computer classrooms and labs from industry-experienced faculty. IS&T courses are taught at WSU Davis and are offered at night to accommodate the schedules of full-time workers.
What is the application process?
Students seeking a degree or certificate within the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics (GSBE) must be formally admitted. For admissions criteria and the step-by-step admissions process, click here.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Science (B.A. or B.S.) in Information Systems & Technologies with an emphasis in information security or system development
- Associate’s Degree: Associate of Science (A.S.) Information Systems & Technologies
- Minor: Information Systems & Technologies
- Bachelor of Integrated Studies: IST Emphasis
- Departmental Honors: IST Honors Option
- Graduate Certificate
The Department of Information Systems & Technologies is part of the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—the highest level of accreditation attainable.