Dr. Michael Wutz, Professor of English
Teaching and Research Interests:
Modern & Contemporary American fiction; print and post-print culture; modernism; 19th and 20th century cultural history
Modern American Lit, Contemporary American Lit, Victorian Lit, Introduction to Literature, College Writing, Intermediate College Writing, Intellectual Traditions of the West, Renaissance to Modern (Honors), From Reel to Real, Introduction to Film, European Studies, Literature & the Media
Publications and Presentations:
- Conversations with M.S. Merwin (University Press of Mississippi, 2015)
- Enduring Words—Literary Narrative in Changing Media Ecology (University of Alabama Press, 2009)
- "Young Swiss Writers," a special double issue of the international, bilingual magazine Dimension2 co-edited and -introduced with Romey Sabalius (Cal State, San José), vol. 8 (2/3), pp. 177-455, February 2007.
- "Media, Materiality, Memory: Aspects of Intermediality," a special issue of Configurations, the journal of the Society for Literature & Science, Johns Hopkins Univ. Press, vol. 10, no.1 (Winter 2002): pp. 201, coedited with Geoffrey Winthrop-Young, Univ. of British Columbia.
- Translation, from the German into English, of Friedrich Kittler'sGramophone, Film, Typewriter, including a critical introduction, together with Geoffrey Winthrop-Young, Stanford Univ. Press, 1999, pp. 315.
- Reading Matters: Narrative in the New Media Ecology, coedited with Joseph Tabbi (Univ. of Illinois, Chicago), Cornell Univ. Press, 1997, pp. 316.