Why choose the Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) Department at WSU?
- There is no TOEFL requirement. Admission to the university is automatic.
- The LEAP Program began at the university in 1982. We’ve taught students from countries all around the world as well as many who live in the U.S.
- Experienced professors and tutors provide you with personalized instruction: Class sizes range from 2 to 16 depending on the level.
- You will have classes in the basic language areas of reading, writing, listening/speaking, and grammar. You will learn pronunciation, conversation, computer, note taking, and library research skills.
- You can complete the LEAP Program in one to three semesters, with courses being offered every seven weeks.
- You are immersed in English language instruction. The LEAP Program provides 12-18 hours of structured language instruction.
- You can use LEAP credits to fulfill the foreign language requirement for Bachelor of Arts Degree and Associates of Arts degree, or apply them as electives toward the Bachelor of Science and Associate of Science degree.
What will I learn in the program?
You will learn the academic English language skills and experience American university culture to help you succeed in reaching your academic goals.
Is there an application deadline?
The application deadline for international students is 60 days before the semester you are applying for. There is no application deadline for resident students. Contact the LEAP Program for specific information or to schedule an advisement time.