- No alcohol on the premises: Weber State University is a dry campus.
- No smoking within 25ft of all Facilities
- No drugs
- No pets (only fish are allowed)
- Tank size for fish is not to exceed 10 gallons
- No weapons, includes airsoft guns
- Courtesy hours: weekdays 10:00 PM and weekends 12:00 PM (24 hour courtesy hours)
If you are locked out of your room or lose your keys, Housing & Residence Life has 24 hour on call Resident Assistants to unlock your door.
- 801-725-0090 (UV)
- 801-510-9796 (WV)
All lockouts are subject to a $5 fee after the first lockout per semester.
You must complete all the following steps to retain your security deposit:
- 45 day written notice of intent to vacate
- Clean and vacate all personal items including kitchen items and trash
- Setup a walk through/inspection of apartment with housing staff
- Keys must be turned in at the end of the walk through/inspection
- Change of address with the University and Post Office
Security deposit will be mailed to the address listed with the university within 30 days of checkout or automatically refunded to credit/debit card used for payment (subject to Cashiers Office's terms and conditions).
Room Change Request
All room change requests must be approved by the Assistant Director of Residence Life and Marketing. To make a room change request there must be a valid reason for the change or another resident willing to switch rooms. A room change request form can be obtained from your village housing office.
If residents change keys within the same suite they need to make changes to their paperwork in their village housing office.
Billiards, Board Game & Other Equipment Checkout
To checkout recreational equipment such as billiards and ping pong equipment, you must leave your Wildcat ID or other collateral in place of the equipment.
How to Pay
All payments for Housing & Residence Life need to be made at Weber State's Cashier's Office. No payments will be accepted at the Housing Office.
Unless a resident intends to pay for their entire semester and/or academic year, they are required to sign up for a payment plan. Payment plan residents need to setup a payment plan online with the Cashier's Office. All instructions may be found on the Cashier's website.
Payment in Full:
To pay in full you can pay over the phone with the Cashier's Office or through your student portal under the Student Services tab. Payment in full must be made by August 1st for fall semester, December 1st for spring semester, and April 1st for summer semester.