Mission Statement & Learning Outcomes
The Honors Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the WSU Honors Program is to provide a welcoming community for intellectually curious, academically adventurous students.
- We nurture excellence in this community, regardless of prior academic preparation.
- We build this community by offering small, creative, rigorous classes; leadership opportunities; and other innovative learning experiences.
- We open this community to the university as a whole by organizing events that catalyze far-reaching conversations about significant issues relevant to contemporary society.
The Honors Program Learning Outcomes:
- Practice clear and compelling written and/or creative expression;
- Engage in critical thinking that is open-minded, objective, and as free as possible from prejudice and presupposition;
- Undertake the comprehension of abstract arguments and the ability to move between the general and the particular;
- Encounter a variety of human experience, exploring both its universality and its diversity.