The Honors Program Mission Statement is:The Weber State University Honors Program offers students a comfortable and friendly learning environment. We offer a:
- Place for students looking for an academic community, both through classes and in the Honors Center;
- Number of small, challenging, and creative classes, many of which fulfill General Education requirements;
- Commitment to diversity, in terms of the variety of classes offered, as well as our respect for individual differences;
- Preparation for professional life and graduate school after Weber.
The Honors Program Learning Outcomes Emphasize:
- Clear and compelling written expression;
- Critical thinking that is open-minded, objective, and as free as possible from prejudice and presupposition;
- The comprehension of abstract arguments and the ability to move between the general and the particular;
- An appreciation for the variety of human experience, exploring both its universality and its diversity;
- An understanding of and appreciation for the various modes of artistic expression;
- Collaboration on group projects or activities.