Mission Statement & Learning Outcomes
The Honors Program Mission Statement:
The Weber State University Honors Program offers students a comfortable and friendly learning environment. We offer a:
- Place for students looking for an academic community, both through classes and in the Honors Center;
- Number of small, challenging, and creative classes, many of which fulfill General Education requirements;
- Commitment to diversity, in terms of the variety of classes offered, as well as our respect for individual differences;
- Discussion-based approach to classes that often includes collaborative group projects or activities;
- Preparation for professional life and graduate school after Weber.
The Honors Program Learning Outcomes:
- Practice clear and compelling written and/or creative expression;
- Engage in critical thinking that is open-minded, objective, and as free as possible from prejudice and presupposition;
- Undertake the comprehension of abstract arguments and the ability to move between the general and the particular;
- Encounter a variety of human experience, exploring both its universality and its diversity.