Through the generosity of private donors and the Office of the Provost, the Honors Program offers scholarships to qualified Honors’ students. Completed applications may be returned to the Honors Center, LI 225. Applications must be submitted before fall break for spring scholarships and before spring break for fall scholarships. *Please see the current application for this year's Departmental Honors Program Scholarship deadline.
Departmental Honors Program ScholarshipsStudents in the Departmental Honors Program are invited to apply for one of three scholarships available during the academic year of 2015-2016. These scholarships will cover tuition and fees for students who are Utah residents. Students will receive the scholarship for one academic year, which includes fall and spring semesters. Each year this rotating scholarship highlights majors in different colleges. For the 2015-2016 academic year, we recognize students in Applied Science & Technology, Arts & Humanities, and Business & Economics. During the 2016-2017 year, we will focus on recognizing majors in the Bachelor of Integrated Studies Program, Education, Health Professions, Science, and Social & Behavioral Science.
To Be Eligible:
You must be a Utah resident;
You must be enrolled in 12 to 18 credit hours per semester;
You must be a major in one of the following colleges:
Applied Science and Technology
Arts and Humanities
Business and Economics
Demonstrate academic excellence with a major GPA of 3.5 or above;
Complete at least one Honors generated class before applying;
Enroll in Departmental Honors at least two semesters before applying for this scholarship;
Document experiences in leadership or professional capacities as related to your discipline;
Preference will be given to students who receive no other educational scholarship;
Provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with your academic record.
"To say I had a life-changing experience while in Perú would be an understatement. Throughout my time interacting with and serving the people of Perú, I learned and gained far more than I gave. My trip with the Center for Community Engaged Learning provided me with a humbling experience that drastically changed my perspective on life. In those 18 days, I made many new friends, met many incredible people, increased my Spanish skills, and stepped out of my comfort zone in a way that allowed me to grow professionally, academically, and personally." --Corbin Standley, 2014 Travel Scholarship recipient
Travel Scholarship Application
University and General Honors Students:
- You are a full-time student and member of the Weber State University Honors Program;
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.5, and have completed at least 12 credits of Honors class work at WSU. Preference will be given to Juniors and Seniors;
- You are enrolled in an Honors class at the time the application is submitted;
- You have not received an Honors Travel Scholarship within the previous two years.Travel Scholarships up to $1,000 will be awarded in this category, depending on available Honors funds.
Departmental Honors Students:
- You are a full-time student at Weber State University, have been enrolled in Departmental Honors for at least one full year, and you can show progress towards your degree with Honors;
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.5;
- You have not have received an Honors Travel Scholarship within the previous two years.
Travel Scholarships up to $500 will be awarded in this category, depending on available Honors funds.
Your application will be considered if you meet the following criteria:
- You are traveling with a Weber State originated course or program where you will earn academic credit for the travel out of state or abroad;
- Your travel is completed before you graduate.
"I would like to thank you for the Book Scholarship that I received. It will make a huge difference this year as I continue to pursue my bachelor's degree in English Teaching...Receiving this scholarship means that I don't have to work as many hours at work to try and cover my books for this year. This in turn means that I can focus more on my school work, and on truly understanding my classes." -- Brittany Andreasen, 2014 Book Scholarship recipient
The Book Scholarship offers $125 towards the cost of class textbooks.
- You have been accepted into the WSU Honors Program;
- You are registered for 12 credit hours (full time student);
- General or University Honors: You are enrolled in an Honors course at the time the Book Scholarship application is submitted;
- Departmental Honors: You are enrolled in Departmental Honors for at least one semester prior to applying for a Book Scholarship and show progress toward completion of Departmental Honors.