Associate's Degree in Health Sciences
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
- Grade Requirements: An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher is required. A course grade of "C" or higher is required for all Health Sciences courses.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 60 credit hours is required for graduation - 20 credits are required Health Sciences courses and 40 are required general education courses.
You may contact an advisor in the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions' Admissions & Advisement Office for program information.
Location: Marriott Allied Health Building 108
Refer to General Requirements for Associate of Science requirements. The following courses required for the Associate of Science Degree in Health Sciences will also fulfill general education requirements: CHEM PS1010*, COMM HU1020 or COMM HU2110, HTHS LS1110, MICR LS1113, NUTR LS1020, PSY SS1010, SOC SS/DV1010.
- Consult with Academic Advising or Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions Admission Advisor regarding general education guidelines.
Course Requirements for Associate of Science Degree
Health Sciences Courses Required (14 credit hours)
- HTHS 1101 Medical Terminology (2)
- HTHS LS1110/1111 Biomedical Core Lecture/Lab (8)
or ZOOL 2100/2200 Human Anatomy/Human Physiology (8)
or HTHS 1105/1106 Technology Enhanced Anatomy & Physiology (8)
- HTHS 2230 Introductory Pathophysiology (3)
- HTHS 2231 Introductory Pathophysiology Laboratory (1)
Health Sciences Support Courses (6 credit hours)Select an additional 6 credit hours from the following Health Sciences courses:
- HTHS 1108 Biocalculations for Health Professions (5)
- HTHS 1120 Case Studies in Health Sciences (3)
- HTHS 1130 Common Medicines (3)
- HTHS 2240 Introduction to Pharmacology (3)
Required Support Courses (18 credit hours)
- CHEM PS1010 Introductory Chemistry (3)
or other General Education Chemistry course*
- COMM HU1020 Principles of Public Speaking (3)
or COMM HU2110 Interpersonal & Small Group Communication (3)
- MICR LS1113 Introductory Microbiology (3)
- NUTR LS1020 Foundations in Nutrition (3)
- PSY SS1010 Introductory Psychology (3)
- SOC SS/DV1010 Introduction to Sociology (3)
All information is current with the 2005-06 course catalog. Check the current catalog for any updates.