Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration, Long-Term Care Administration Emphasis
A bachelor’s degree in long-term care administration prepares you to oversee assisted-living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, along with home-health and hospice agencies.
Long-term care administrators coordinate services that assist individuals with basic activities of daily life. Since long-term care facilities have become one of the most regulated areas of the health care industry, the demand for qualified long-term care administrators continues to grow.
This degree is offered on campus and through WSU's distance learning program. Distance learning courses are delivered online and through independent study.
What You'll Learn
We emphasize topics such as:
- Individual and group behavior
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership theory and skills
- The process of change
- Organization design and culture
Advisors are arranged alphabetically by last name of student.
Contact your academic advisor to discuss your course schedule.
You must complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better to be accepted to the Long-Term Care Administration program.
- HTHS 1101: Medical Terminology
- ECON 2010: Principles of Microeconomics
- ACCT 2010: Survey of Accounting
- MATH 1050: College Algebra
- HTHS LS1110 & 1111: Integrated Anatomy & Physiology I & II OR
LS1020: Human Biology
- HAS 3000: The Health Care System
Recommended Course Sequencing
- HAS 3020: Health Care Marketing
- HAS 3150: Community Health Care
- HAS 3230: Health Communication
- HIM 3200: Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- HAS 3240: Human Resource Development
- HAS 3260: Health Care Admin. & Supervisory Theory
- HAS 3750: Health Care Finance
- HIM 2330: Classification Systems Topics & Reimbursement
- HIM 3000: Computer Applications in Health Care
- HAS 4320: Health Care Economics & Policy
- HAS 4400: Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Care
- HIM 3300: Introduction to Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Elective 1
- HAS 4741: Senior Seminar Capstone
- HAS 4860: Practicum Internship
- HAS 4520: Long-Term Care Administration
- HAS 4525: Health Facility Operations
- Elective 2