Health Information Management Emphasis
The Bachelor of Science in Health Service Administration, Health Information Management emphasis prepares you to succeed in the growing field of health care coding and information management.
Why Choose Health Information Management at WSU?
- One of the few bachelor's degree programs in the western U.S.
- 85% of our graduates pass the RHIA certification examination, compared to national average of 75%.
- Flexible course delivery: classes available in a classroom, online or through independent study
- Learn from experienced instructors who thoroughly understand the industry.
- Graduates report high rates of satisfaction with our curriculum and program.
- Our program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
What You'll Learn
The BS degree program focuses on:
- Information systems technologies and their application to providing health care
- Advanced statistical procedures
- Management applicable to information systems, human resources and quality improvement
Graduates work in a variety of health care-related organizations, such as:
- Insurance companies
- Medical clinics
- Software vendors
- Health maintenance organizations
The average starting salary for bachelor's degree graduates in Utah is around $45,000. This may vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
The faculty advisor for the Health Information Management emphasis is:
Patricia L. Shaw
Office: Marriott Allied Health Building, Room 301
Required Background Check
You will need to complete a background check, drug screen and proof of immunizations before your Professional Practice Experiences (HIM 2861 and HIM 2862)