Transferring Courses and Credit

You’ve already spent a lot of time and money on your education, so it’s important that you know how your courses will transfer to Weber State. Course articulation identifies comparable courses between colleges, so you can avoid repeating coursework. Your submitted official transcripts are evaluated and articulated by WSU.  You are required by law to submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended, regardless of your grades and/or academic standing at those institutions.

We accept transfer credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities.  Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) degrees earned at any higher education institution accredited by one of the following six regional accrediting associations below (recognized by the U.S. Department of Education) will satisfy all WSU general education core and breadth requirements provided the granting institution was regionally accredited at the time the AA/AS degree was awarded.

  • North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges

Credit for courses numbered 1000 or above for a semester course are transferable to WSU when earned at a regionally accredited institution. Credit will be awarded by WSU but may not apply towards certain degree requirements. WSU Academic Departments will determine transfer credits acceptable toward their majors.

To see how your classes will transfer, check out the Transfer Guide.  The WSU Transfer Guide represents all articulation agreements currently in place. If an institution or course is not reflected in the Transfer Guide an articulation currently does not exist. If your institution or your specific courses are not listed on the guide, you can submit them for evaluation using the Equivalency Review Request.  Articulating new courses can take 2-4 weeks, so check the Transfer Guide periodically.

If you have already submitted your official transcripts, log in to your student portal and check your transcript on CatTracks (our degree evaluation system).  For instructions for setting up your eWeber student portal click here.

Once your credits are posted to your WSU transcript, if you think a course should apply toward a specific general education or major requirement, contact the academic department (for example, if you have questions about how an English course transferred, contact the English Department).

Transfer Credit

Transfer credit is awarded in accordance with the following stipulations:

  1. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Admissions office from all previously attended colleges and universities. Receipt of the transcript is noted on the student's admission file.
  2. If the sending institution is regionally accredited; all credits are entered onto the student's Weber State University transcript.
  3. If the sending institution is not regionally accredited, transfer credits may be accepted under the following guidelines:
    1. Credit may be accepted only if the course is deemed to be equivalent to a course in the WSU catalog.
    2. Specific course credit may be applied by the Admissions Office if recommended and approved by the appropriate department chair with the Application for Credit form but only under the following guidelines:
      • The student must present such evidence as the department deems necessary, which could include an official transcript, a course description, a course syllabus, evidence of work completed, or proof of completion by examination.
      • Credit must be evaluated by the appropriate department and the specific equivalency approved by the department chair through the Application for Credit form.
      • If transfer work is deemed equivalent to WSU course work, the department chair may grant credit with or without waiver of specific courses.
  4. If the sending institution is part of the Utah System of Higher Education, credits will be evaluated according to the Utah State Board of Regents Policy on transfer credit (R470-Transfer of Credit). For the purpose of General Education, Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University (Idaho), LDS Business College, and Westminster College will be considered the same as USHE institutions.

Miscellaneous Credit

Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaurate/CLEP Credit

See how AP/CLEP/IB credit applies.

Credit from an International Institution

Courses that are transferred from an international institution must be evaluated by a third party international credit evaluation company. See the Foreign Credentials Evaluation Services.

Military Credit

Get more information on transferring military credit.