Come join us for Wildcat Welcome on February 10, 2016!
What is Wildcat Welcome?
A day dedicated to making your transition to college easier.
Join us on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 from 8:30-11:30 a.m. or 3:30-6:00 p.m. in the Shepherd Union Building
Wildcat Welcome is an open house-style event for prospective students, parents, and counselors to visit WSU and experience this amazing place firsthand!
At Wildcat Welcome, you can:
- Pick up a scholarship offer & accept it
- Explore campus with a guided tour
- Explore 225 majors at Major Fest
- Attend Information sessions like:
- paying for college
- getting the most out of college life
- on-campus housing
- how to defer admission and scholarship awards for a future semester
- what to do after you are admitted, and more!
To be considered for scholarships
- Get admitted by filling out the admissions application.
- Submit the online scholarship application.
- Make sure you send your transcripts and ACT/SAT scores to WSU.
- Log in to your student portal, click the "Student Services" tab, and you'll find the "Scholarship Application" link on the left side of the page.
About the Scholarship Index Score
Eligibility for academic scholarships is determined by a student's index score, which is a combination of GPA and ACT or SAT scores. See the New Freshman 'INDEX CHART' to determine scholarship eligibility.
Sending ACT/SAT Scores
Make sure to send all ACT/SAT scores to WSU to be used for scholarship consideration. As students sign up to take the test they are given the opportunity to have scores sent directly to a few colleges at no cost. Using this option to send scores to WSU is an easy way to make sure we have them. In addition, WSU offers a residual ACT that students can take to try to improve their scores. For more information about the residual ACT test go to http://weber.edu/TestingCenter/act.html.
Parking information will be updated soon!
This is a great day, so come join us, check out Weber State University, and claim your scholarship!