Scholarships for Current and Returning Students

To be considered a current student, you must currently be enrolled at WSU and at least a year must have transpired since your high school graduation (if less than a year has passed, check out our Scholarships for Freshmen page). If you've transferred to WSU with less than 30 credit hours, you are also considered a current student and not a transfer student

To be eligible for scholarships, please do the following:

  • Update your personal information in the eWeber portal before January 12, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • Be re-admitted or reactivated through the WSU Admissions Office if you have been out of school for more than one semester.
  • If you're a junior or senior (with more than 60 credit hours), you must have a declared major.
  • Complete the scholarship application via the eWeber portal before the deadline (the earlier you apply, the more competitive you will be for the scholarship).

Available Scholarships for Current and Returning Students

Out of State students (nonresident), please reference the WeberEdge Academic Housing Scholarship.


Utah Resident - Academic Scholarships

Academic scholarships are based on your cumulative GPA from your WSU work. You must have a minimum required grade point average of 3.0 to qualify for an academic scholarship. 

High Honors/Honors/Continuing Achievement Scholarship:

  • Awarded to continuing students for study at WSU
  • One-year (two semester) waiver of partial in-state tuition
  • Based on cumulative WSU GPA
  • Must maintain full-time status and a 2.5 cumulative GPA
Wildcat Activity Scholarships
Activity scholarships are awarded to students who participate in various campus activities. Here are just a few of the organizations offering activity scholarships:
  • Athletics (including basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field and volleyball)
  • Club sports (including bowling, hockey, rodeo and men's soccer)
  • Debate
  • Honors Program
  • KWCR Radio
  • The Signpost student newspaper
For more information about applying for activity scholarships, and a complete listing of the available scholarships, click here.

Financial Need-Based Scholarships

  • Awarded to students with financial need
  • Must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at least two weeks before March 1 to be considered for need-based scholarships
  • Requirements vary per scholarship
Many need-based scholarships go unused. Even if you think you might not be eligible, we encourage you to apply for need-based scholarships through the eWeber portal.

Donor-Sponsored Departmental Scholarships

  • Awarded through the academic college of your departmental major
  • Priority is given to continuing students with 60+ hours
  • Requirements vary per scholarship
  • It's your responsibility to make sure your major is declared properly
For more information about donor-sponsored departmental scholarships, contact your department chair's office.

Donor-Sponsored Special-Condition Scholarships

  • Awarded to students fitting very specific criteria
  • In some instances, verification must be provided to theWSU Scholarship Office. Students will be contacted by Wildcat e-mailrequesting their additional information and verification. (Set up yourWildcat e-mail account here). 
We encourage you to apply for donor-sponsored special-condition scholarships through the eWeber portal.

Sterling Scholar Scholarships

Offers are made to winners and runners-up in the five Utah regional competitions on a high-school and regional level. Note that this is not a scholarship that Weber State itself awards, rather high schools and regions award it and Weber State honors it.

  • Awarded to new freshman for first year of study at WSU
  • One-year (two semester) waiver of partial in-state tuition 
  • Must maintain full-time status (12 - 18 credits) and a 2.5 cumulative GPA
Contact your high school if you have further questions about this scholarship.

Army ROTC – Military Science Scholarships

  • Must be a U.S. Citizen
  • Must graduate before age 27
  • Must maintain full-time status (12 - 18 credits) and a 2.5 cumulative GPA
  • Scholarships cover full tuition, student fees and stipend

For further information, contact the Department of Military Science at 801-626-6518.

T. H. Bell Teaching Incentive Loan Payment

  • For prospective students already admitted to the Department of Teacher Education 
  • High School seniors apply through High School Counselor

T. H. Bell Teaching Incentive site: Information & application form

For further information, contact the WSU Teacher Education AdvisementCenter in Room ED 230 or visit