Alumni Legacy Scholarship
C O N T I N U E T H E W I L D C A T T R A D I T I O N
The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship is a new program implemented July 1, 2009 for the 2009-2010 award year that allows children of Weber State alumni who live out of state to attend WSU and pay in-state tuition. This represents a savings of $4,000.00 per semester.
* Effective July 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 award year, grandchildren of Weber State alumni may also receive this benefit.
WSU offers small classes, the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on undergraduate research and service learning, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
|To qualify for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship, the student must:|
- This nonresident tuition waiver pays the ‘nonresident’ portion of tuition for a full time student (12-18 credits). It is available for 8 semesters (Fall and Spring semesters only). Summer semester does not count as part of the 8 semester limit.
- The student is responsible for resident tuition and any applicable fees.
- Nonresident students pay only resident tuition if they attend summer semester.
- This nonresident tuition waiver is for new students attending WSU after July 1, 2009. A student may transfer from another Utah 2-year or 4-year institution depending on certain circumstances. Please contact our office for details.
- Only direct blood descendants or legal adoptions are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Stepchildren or foster children are not eligible.
- Time spent in Utah on the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship cannot be counted towards establishing resident student status. However, the waiver will be available for eight (8) semesters.
To be eligible for scholarships, please do the following:
- Complete the application for admissions to WSU.
- Complete the scholarship application via the eWeber portal annually.
Note: Other requirements may apply. For further scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at (800) 848-7770 or visit us at the WSU Ogden campus, Student Services Building, room 120.