- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 in all major classes and an overall GPA of 3.0.
- Complete at least 6 credit hours of French, German or Spanish on an Honors basis; this may be done in any upper-division course and is part of the 30.5 credit hour major requirement. A written agreement should be reached with the appropriate professor regarding expectations when taking a class as Honors.
- Complete 3 credit hours of General Honors courses.
- Complete HNRS 4990: Senior Project (3)—the advisor for this project must be an instructor in Foreign Languages. The project should be shared with other students in a public forum such as the Undergraduate Literature Conference, as undergraduate research or at the department scholarship reception held each spring.
Benefits of Departmental Honors:
- "Departmental Honors" is designated on the official transcript.
- "Departmental Honors" is printed on the diploma.
- Students receive a personalized letter signed by the President of Weber State University and the Honors Director.
- Students are invited to Honors educational and social events, including the Nye-Cortez banquet at the end of the academic year.
- Complete the application for Departmental Honors and submit it to the Honors Program (second floor of the Stewart Library).
- Meet the requirements listed above.
- Meet with Marilyn Diamond, the Honors advisor, to be cleared for graduation with Departmental Honors (626-7336; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Craig Bergeson, Foreign Language Dept. Chair (626-7111)
Dr. Judy Elsley, Honors Director (626-6186)