- This Fall Semester, 2013, Tim Conrad has returned from a sabbatical where he researched educational technology, taught English as a foreign language in Nogales, Mexico/Arizona, and volunteered for borderlands migrant organizations including the Samaritanos and The Kino Initiative.
Dr. Karen Moloney continues her sabbatical.
- Dr. Karen Moloney is on sabbatical.
- Dr. Judy Elsley is on sabbatical.
- Dr. Shannon Butler returns from a year-long sabbatical where she taught English in Bejing, China.
- Dr. Sally Shigley developed a hybrid course "Professional Writing: Nursing" that will be offered Fall 2012 for the first time.
- Dr. Hal Crimmel begins a three year appointment as Director of the Master of Arts in English (MENG) Program.
- Dr. Shelley Thomas presented "Strategies for Writing Personal Statements" to pre-med students who are completing their applications to medical school.
- Dr. Scott Rogers is the Program Leader of the state-wide Technical Intensive Concurrent Enrollment (TICE) for the Utah State Board of Regents.
- Dr. Mark LeTourneau has been selected to sit on the advisory board of Journal of Humanities and Administrative Sciences published by Majma'ah University, Saudi Arabia.
- Dr. Michael Wutz returned from a summer trip to China where he taught English.