The mission of the WSU Diversity Initiative is:
- To promote campus unity by emphasizing shared experiences and principles, respect for human qualities that differentiate all individuals, and achievement of institutional goals.
- To enhance the development of leadership capabilities within the student, faculty and staff populations.
- To facilitate development of curricula which merge varied perspectives.
- To support recruitment of students, faculty and staff
broad spectrum of perspectives, cultures,
heritages and backgrounds.
- To promote values and ideas of all perspectives, cultures, heritages and backgrounds within the campus community.
- To promote development of support programs for faculty, staff and students who are products of all perspectives, cultures, heritages and backgrounds.
- To encourage networking of interest groups for the benefit of all.