Diversity InitiativeThe Weber State University Diversity Initiative is an institution-wide effort to improve educational quality through creation of an inclusive environment where all are welcome and opportunities are available for students to reach their full potential and contribute to the achievement of the university mission.
The mission of the WSU Diversity Initiative is:
- To promote campus unity by emphasizing shared experiences and principles, respect for human qualities that differentiate all individuals, and achievement of institutional goals.
- To enhance the development of leadership capabilities within the student, faculty and staff populations.
- To facilitate development of curricula which merge varied perspectives.
- To support recruitment of students, faculty and staff reflective of America's broad spectrum of perspectives, cultures, heritages and backgrounds.
- To promote values and ideas of all perspectives, cultures, heritages and backgrounds within the campus community.
- To promote development of support programs for faculty, staff and students who are products of all perspectives, cultures, heritages and backgrounds.
- To encourage networking of interest groups for the benefit of all.