We provide peer tutoring for a range of developmental and lower-division courses, with a focus on general education courses. You can choose to drop in or schedule an appointment. Tutoring is free to all WSU students.
**Drop-in tutoring has now ended. Tutoring by appointment will be available during finals week. Please call 801-395-3569 at least 24 hrs in advance to schedule.**
Tutoring is available for Math 1050, 1060, 1080, and 1210 during all drop-in hours. Help with advanced math classes depends on tutor availability.
English Drop-in Tutoring
Tutoring is available for English 955, 1010, and 2010. Tutors can also help with writing projects from any WSU course.
How Drop-in Tutoring Works
- Bring your coursework and your questions.
- Find a seat and take a cup, which you will turn over to indicate when you need help.
- For math, try to sit with others from your class so that you can work together.
- The tutor will come to each student in turn, but you can work on other material in case there is a wait.
- Have your schedule handy. If you want more in-depth help, you can set up an appointment.
Tutoring by Appointment
WSU Davis offers appointment tutoring in Math, Chemistry, NTM 1700, English and other Writing Projects, as well as various other classes.
Here are the steps to make an appointment:
- Contact 801-395-3569, to inquire about a one-time or on-going appointment
- Fill out a Request for Tutoring form.
**The Math Hub willl be closed Nov. 28-30 for the Thanksgiving holiday.**
A math lab (Hub) for Math 0950, 0990, and 1010 is available at the Davis Campus. Work on a computer at your own pace. Help from instructors and tutors available. Located in room 233.
Davis Campus Hub Hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Non-traditional Students Study Groups
Study groups are being held at the Davis Campus for non-traditional students enrolled in Math 950, 990, and 1010. A math tutor meets with each small group once a week. The group works on whatever material students would like to review. Students are encouraged to attend regularly but can come on a one-time basis if preferred.
Non-traditional Student Study Group
Fall 2013 Schedule
Math 950 Saturday 9:30 AM -11:00 AM
Math 990 Saturday 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Math 1010 Saturday 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
A peer mentor is also associated with the group. He is available for individual appointments to discuss issues like managing time and adapting to college life.
Call 801-395-3569 for more information and to sign up.