Math Drop-In Tutoring
**No tutoring will be offered at the Kaysville Center until further notice**
- Free for all WSU students enrolled in a math class at any WSU campus.
- Help is offered for Math 1050*.
- Help with advanced math classes depends on tutor availability.
*Math 950,990,and 1010 will no longer be tutored at the Kaysville Center. Instead, you will need to check the Hub hours for the Davis and Ogden Campuses as well as for the West Center. If you have any questions, please speak with your instructor or contact Leslie Loeffel at 801-395-3539.
How Drop-In Math Tutoring Works
- Bring your coursework and your questions.
- For math, try to sit with others from your class so that you can work together.
- The tutor will come to each student in turn. Have work to do in case you need to wait.
Tutors have earned a B+ or better, or an equivalent ACT score, in the course(s) they tutor. They also have earned a 3.0 GPA and have demonstrated excellent communication skills. Tutors attend training before the semester starts and then continue with a for-credit training course throughout the semester.
Become a Tutor
All tutoring positions are advertised through Human Resources. Tutors are usually hired at the end of each semester for the upcoming semester.
Tutors must be able to attend a for-credit training course certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). Tutors work toward national certification at the Regular, Advanced, and Master Tutor levels. Pay raises are dependent upon completion of training levels as well as tutoring experience.
For general information about tutor positions at the WSU Kaysville Center, WSU Davis, and the WSU West Center contact Leslie Loeffel at 801-395-3539