Mack Undergraduate Research Conference Travel Grants
Harold and Shirley Mack have established an endowment for DCHP students who are engaged in mentored undergraduate research (UR) projects. The interest earned from the endowment will be used to fund travel for students who have been accepted to present their research at scientific conferences.
Conference travel grants are also available through OUR (Office of Undergraduate Research). Funding through OUR, however, is limited to only one student per project, and many UR projects in the college involve multiple students. This endowment provides the opportunity to fund one additional student from two different departments in the college each year to present their research at a conference.
- Students must be nominated by a DCHP faculty by February 15th.
- Students, along with their faculty mentor, will complete the following application form.
- Mack UR Conference Travel Grant Form.doc (Word document).
- If the student has received a “letter of acceptance to present” from the conference, it should be submitted with the application.
- Grants will consist of a maximum of $700 per student to be used for conference registration and travel expenses.
- Students are encouraged to first apply for travel funding through OUR http://weber.edu/OUR, especially if the research project only involves one student.
- Nominations must be made by February 15th at 5 p.m. to the DCHP UR Committee chairperson:
- Submit an electronic copy of the travel grant application to Scott Wright, email@example.com.
- Submit a hard copy with signatures to Scott Wright, MC 3905, MH208A.
|PRESENT YOUR RESEARCH|