General Lab Rules and Etiquette
- The student open computer labs are available to registered Weber State University student use only.
- Students must have a valid Wildcat username and password to log on to the computers.
- Students must have a valid Wildcard to print in the labs.
- Checking your email, browsing the internet, or looking at your Facebook account are all appropriate things to do on the computers; however, academic work takes priority. Please be mindful of others needing to use the computers for academic purposes.
- Food and drinks are allowed but must not be consumed near computer equipment. All drinks must be capped.
- Cell phones are allowed if used quietly. Please leave the lab area if you have to make or take a call.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. If supervision does not occur or the situation becomes disruptive, the adult and child will be asked to leave.
- You are important; however, please be courteous of other students in the lab.
- Prevent panic attacks, stress, and grief by saving your work often on to a flash drive.
- Lab aides are there to help students with basic computer questions and for general information.
- The lab aide is not a software expert. They are familiar with and may help you with word processing software such as Microsoft Suite and WordPerfect. Questions on software specific to class should be directed to your professor.
- The lab aide is not a tutor and will not do your homework for you.
The use of the computer labs on campus are governed by Weber State University's Acceptable Use Policy