What You Will Learn
A concentration in Digital Media will teach you about the importance of deadlines, budgets, and the impact your actions have on a production team. As an advanced student, you will gain understanding about the art and power of communicating messages through video, audio and the Web. The Digital Media interdisciplinary concentration includes emphases in:
- Audio Production: Gain skills in digital editing, on-air performance, management and sales primarily in preparation for a career in radio.
- Broadcast News: Gain skills in reporting, editing, shooting, anchoring and studio production for careers both in front of and behind the camera in television news.
- Entertainment: Acquire skills in production, writing and content development to prepare to pursue further graduate study and careers within the entertainment industry.
- Video Production: Acquire skills in studio and field production to create institutional, educational and commercial video productions.
– Rod Zundel, Class of 1991
KSL Television Sports Anchor/Reporter
Careers in Digital Media
See a list of career possibilities.
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the adviser and have them sign your declaration sheet
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, room 330.
- Advising Sheet (pdf)
- Digital Media program requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Description (pdf)
- Four-Year Course Projections (pdf)