2. What are the prerequisites to apply for the program? You will need to complete EDUC 1010, English 2010, Quantitative Literacy (Math 1050 if majoring in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education), Communications 1020 or 2110, and Computer and Information Literacy.
3. Do I have to take an exam? Yes, the exam depends on your major.
• Secondary Education students are required to take the CAAP test. CAAP stands for Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency. It is a standardized assessment designed to show achievement levels in reading, writing (two sections), math, and critical thinking (www.act.org/caap).
• Elementary, double major in Elementary/Early Childhood Ed. and Special Ed. Majors must take the Writing Essay portionof CAAP and the PRAXIS II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5031) test. The 4 subtests include Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies and you must pass all 4 subtests to be eligible for admission into the Teacher Education Dept.
• Early Childhood Ed. (K-3) majors only: must take the Writing Essay portion of CAAP and the PRAXIS II Early Childhood: Content Knowledge (0022) or (5022).
5. How can I find out about scholarships? You are eligible for departmental scholarships once you are admitted into the Teacher Education Program. Please go to http://weber.edu/scholarships for more information including the application materials. You may also apply for the Terrel H. Bell Teaching Incentive Loan Program. To find out more about this, please go to http://utahsbr.edu/policy/R603.pdf To obtain an application for this incentive loan program, please go to http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/COE/tedadvise/thbellapp09.pdf
6. How can I obtain more information about the Teacher Education Department? Please refer to the previous page for information on the specific program you are interested in as well as the Admission Requirements document. Also, please come to one of our Pre-Application Information Meetings or schedule an individual appointment with an advisor. The list of upcoming meetings is listed under helpful links.