Early Childhood Education BS
Why choose Early Childhood Education at WSU?
- Placement rate is approximately 100 percent -- our graduates are considered the best and are highly recruited
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) approved program
- Pre-kindergarten practica and student teaching in the NAEYC accredited Melba S. Lehner Children's School
- Diverse field placements and student teaching placements
- Preparation for teaching pre-kindergarten through third grade
- Collaboration with the Department of Teacher Education
What kinds of degrees are available?
Bachelor of Science (BS)
What are the employment opportunities?
When you complete a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, you will be prepared to teach in programs that serve children from infancy through 8 years of age (pre-K through third grade). You will have the option of adding elementary education to your preparation and holding double licensure (first through sixth grade). Most graduates take positions in public school kindergarten or primary classrooms.
What are the starting salaries for graduates?
The starting salary is $35,000 with the potential of increasing with several years of service and additional education.
What will I learn in the program?
You will learn and apply principles and theories of educating young children through developmentally appropriate practices.
|EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION BS