There is no application deadline for the Early Childhood major. However, you must declare a major with the department advisor, McKay Education Building, Room 230D.
Before enrolling in ChFam 2600 (Introduction to Early Childhood Education), ChFam 2610 (Guidance Based on Developmental Theory) or ChFam 2620 (Planning Creative Experiences for Young Children), you must be fingerprinted and have a background check.
If your background check reveals misconduct, you will not be allowed to enroll in these courses or any others that include field experiences, practica or student teaching.
This is in compliance with Utah State Law. Allow for an eight-week response time from the state.
- Academic Advisement
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
- Honors Program
- Student Association
- History & Mission
- WSU Family Literacy Program
- Healthy Marriage & Relationship Ed Project
- Practicing as Family Life Educators
- Children's School
- Care About Childcare @ Weber State University
- Career Links
- Other Programs & Degrees in the Moyes College of Education
- Undergraduate Research Activities