What is CFSSA? View video
- Educate and provide practical application for Students
- Educate the campus and community with respect to family, life, relations and policies
- Enhance community
- 2014 & 2005 Crystal Crest Organization of the Year, 2013 Finalist and 4 additional times
- An affiliate of NCFR
- Interact with professors
- Get to know professionals in the field, opportunities for networking
- Shows initiative and involvement
- Give back to the community by doing two service projects each semester
- Cool t-shirt and its fun!
How to become a member?
- Fill out an application, turn into ED214
- Pay the one-time membership ($15 without t-shirt $10 for a t-shirt, $20 for a sweatshirt, or $45 for membership and both)
Activities with CFSSA
- Opening and Closing Social
- Open Hours
- Service Projects
- Fundraisers (for NCFR or NAEYC Conference)
- We encourage you to join the Child and Family Studies Student Association (CFSSA). The CFSSA is an educational organization designed to provide practical applications for students with an emphasis in Child and Family Studies.
Our goals include preparing you to work toward certifying as an Early Childhood or Family Life Educator, assisting you in continuing your education in graduate programs, and educating the campus and community with respect to family life, relations and policies.
Friend us on Facebook
Visit the Current Events page for more information and a schedule of activities.
2012 Service project where CFSSA members (represented by Dr. Chloe D. Merrrill and Mandy Pierce) and FCCLA High School Students (represented by Stephanie Heath) made blankets for the YCC (represented Julee Smith). Julee Smith accepts them on their behalf.
FALL 2012 Block Party Winners of the Best Club & Organization Booth
Feb. 2013 CFSSA and the FCCLA Service Project kids tie Blankets and donate them to the Children's Justice Center. Pictured are Deb Reese and Allyson Law and Todd Spencer and Liz Pierce.
Once again the CFSSA ties blankets for a great cause, the Catholic Community Services Center and the Baby Layette Program. Pictured are Kaitlin Oliver and Maresha Bosgieter at the Catholic Community Services Center. July 2013.
WSU Wonderland Block Party 2013
Pictured Brogan VanPatten, Zombie girl, Colby Polmeroy Stephanie Harding & Brogan VanPatten
Register here for the Zombiethon Oct 24 at 6pm in front of the McKay Education Building.
Check out the Men of CFSSA at the annual 2013 Real Men Can Cook event.
Duke Buck, Dr. Hubler, Colby Polmeroy, Dr. Lisonbee, Preston Morgan, and Dr. Schvaneveldt